This 2020 3rd edition includes the following revisions and updates from the previous 2015 2nd edition: new fracture mechanics-based model for reflective cracking in AC overlays over flexible, ..... Read More
This manual has been developed to assist bridge owners by establishing inspection procedures and evaluation practices that meet the National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS). The manual ..... Read More
The AASHTO LRFD Bridge Construction Specifications are intended for use in the construction of bridges. The specifications employ the Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) methodology, ..... Read More
These specifications cover the design, evaluation, and rehabilitation of highway bridges. The design provisions of these specifications employ the Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) methodology, ..... Read More
Bending Requirements for Steel Bars for Concrete Reinforcement
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Structures is gathering information regarding other states' experiences with, and policies on, high strength bar steel reinforcement quality assurance bend testing (per ASTM/AASHTO: “The bend-test specimen shall withstand being bent around a pin without cracking on the outside radius of the bent portion…”).
Please forward this survey to your agency's State Bridge Engineer.
1. Does your agency perform quality assurance bend testing, or does it rely on a manufacturer’s certificate of compliance?
2. Which standard for steel reinforcement does your state specify? (e.g., AASHTO M31 Grade 60, ASTM A615 Grade 60, or ASTM A706 Grade 60)
3. What issues, if any, has your agency experienced with meeting bend test requirements?
4. What strategies has your state employed to overcome these issues?
5. Provide attachments or links to any relevant policies or other materials.
Diane Gurtner WisDOT Division of Budget and Strategic Initiatives 4822 Madison Yards Way Madison, Wisconsin 53705 United States Phone: United States E-Mail Address:firstname.lastname@example.org