These guide specifications provide guidance for developing transportation contract specifications and are the national standard for best practices in highway and road construction. This consensus-based guide ..... Read More
This 2020 3rd edition includes the following revisions and updates from the previous 2015 2nd edition: new fracture mechanics-based model for reflective cracking in AC overlays over flexible, ..... Read More
The AASHTO Materials Standards contain specifications, test methods, and provisional standards commonly used in the construction of highway facilities.
The Materials Standards are updated three times ..... Read More
State Practices for Bridge Inspection Field Data Collection
Kansas DOT is interested in moving to an electronic form or system for collecting field data for bridge inspections and transmitting the data to our system. Your responses to the following questions will help us in the decision-making process:
1) What program or system does your agency use to collect data during bridge inspections?
2) If data collection is electronic/paperless, how is collected data transmitted to your agency’s database?
3) If electronic/paperless, does your system allow inclusion of photographs?
4) If electronic/paperless, does your system include report generation?
5) Please describe any other beneficial features your system provides.
6) How long has your agency been using this system?
7) On a scale of 1-10 (1 = very dissatisfied; 10 = very satisfied), how satisfied are you with your system?
Dave Meggers Bureau Chief 2300 SW Van Buren Street Topeka, Kansas 66611 United States Phone: United States E-Mail Address:Dave.Meggers@KS.GOV